Tuesday, May 7, 2013

With the help of my first house cleaning client in Fort Wayne, I now have three clients.  While I was very apprehensive about become a "cleaning lady," it has actually turned out to be a pretty good gig.  I am my own boss, I make my own hours, I don't have to "deal" with anyone, and I know I am good at cleaning.  (Thanks to Mrs. Goble and Shannon Lalain---the queens of cleaning 101). 

I acquired my most recent client today, thanks to my first clients' referral.  While I'm sure my plate is pretty full, I think one more would seal the deal.

Here's a cleaning tip:  Real Windex (with ammonia) is the best grease cutter.  The Works toilet cleaner is the best toilet cleaner.  They have both at the dollar store.  None of that $8 dollar stuff. 

Also, it is best to go from top to bottom---dust on furniture and fans settle to the floor when disturbed (that doesn't stick to a dust rag).  Vacuuming should be the final (or best part) of cleaning a room.  Also, I use the crevice tool constantly---tons of dirt and dust settle right between the carpet and the base trim.

Getting a gross tub or shower takes several attempts of cleaning to make it look sparkling---layers of soap scum and build up is very hard to remove when you only have 4 hours to clean a whole house.  Hot vinegar and dawn dish soap (equal parts) help, but nothing works better with that than a plastic scouring sponge and elbow grease.  And a lot of it.

Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment