Sunday, May 5, 2013

I am about two weeks into my new "working mom" lifestyle, and I must say, it sucks.  I do enjoy working, and getting a paycheck,  but there are many a' things that are suffering......laundry....home cleanliness.....meals planned for the week......Thankfully, Dave's parents have been super helpful, along with some great girlfriends, ensuring Greta is well taken care of while I'm busy cleaning OTHER people's houses and serving OTHER people food.  Good Times. 

Spring has sprung on Woodchime Court, only revealing a major lack of landscaping at our friendly abode.  NO perennial flowers, and some some landscaping shrub choices.  I've made many attempts to befriend locals gardeners (craigslist, upcycle.com, etc.) and I've come up empty handed.  I seriously may have to resort to my "go-to" flower lady:  Mrs. Goble.  Her yard is filled with a lush assortment of shrubs, trees, perennials, and annuals.  It makes for great visits to Michigan, as there is always something new happening in her yard.  Right now, I'm trying to get a handle on the lack of trees in the yard, hoping to capitalize on the "garbage pile" of greenery at Walmart and Meijer--I've found some pretty fabulous plants in this area.  I highly recommend a visit. 

We had a garage sale on Saturday and we made out like bandits-$214 big ones.  Now, if we could only sell an old heavy kitchen table, a bathroom vanity, and an armoire, we'd be in business.  I'd like to buy a tv for the basement as well as some plants for the yard.  In the meantime, craigslist postings will have to do.

Here's to a week of more hustling, slinging club sandwiches, and mopping floors.  (But in all honesty, I do enjoy my schedule.)

No comments:

Post a Comment