Friday, April 19, 2013

Quite a bit has been going on since my last blog.  Here is the bathroom version:

1.  I got a job.  I actually am, once again, a waitress.  On St. Patrick's Day, Dave, Gertie, and I were already downtown participating in all things Irish, when we stumbled upon Calhoun Street.  While eating a delicious lunch, I decided to ask the very bubbly and kind waitress if they were hiring.  Welp, I filled out an application, and a week later the owner called me.  I have been training for two weeks.  The restaurant has a simple, tasteful, and clean menu.  Great sandwiches, great soups, and great beer.  I am clearly not cool enough to work there, as I have noticed it being a Hipster hang out.  Google the term "Hipster" if you aren't familiar. 


2.  My second job entails cleaning houses.  I have walking through my second client's house tomorrow.  It is nice to have this cash in my pocket because it is easy, mindless money.  I am proud of my cleaning, although my house doesn't reflect it.  HOWEVER, my bathrooms are always clean.  They may be messy, but they are always clean.  Also, the sheets on every bed are CLEAN.  Bleachy, and delicious.

3.  It has been raining.  A lot.  I'm over it. 

4.  Biscuit is still naughty and has escaped the confines of our fence twice.  Naughty.

5.  The Boston Marathon:  Sad.  So sad.  Terrorists are cowards.  They need to find a new hobby and a new "religion" to practice.  My religion involves loving small soft animals and smelling clean laundry.

6.  I found a weekly babysitter for Gertie.  Daycare searching blows the big one and I don't recommend it.  I have come to realize day care centers are filthy and the employees are rude, and getting rich off the working woman's dime.  Not okay.  Thankfully, Ms. Alicia, Gertie's new sitter, is nice and delightful.  Her son Cristian, is so stinking cute.  AND, her husband, Brad, played sports with Kyle.  A win-win.

7.  In honor of spring's arrival, while Greta and I were in the D last weekend, we took the time to visit the school farm.  All I'm going to say is Baby. Goats.  Yep, LOTS of baby goats and baby lambs and a few peacocks.  Who needs Xanax?!  Oh my.  Lots of softies.  I'm sure I contracted some crazy strain of gona-syphill-herpe-aids, but I'm a better woman for it.

8.  I will begin preparing for our May 1-2 garage sale.  I'm hoping to make $300, selling some furniture that is no longer needed, and other home treasures.  I'm hoping to make enough money to buy a SMALLER television for the family room and a large console table for it to sit upon.  Again, a win-win.

9.  Tiger baseball is in full swing.  To mark the occassion, I hit up the Salvation Army in the D. and found a bounty of Detroit sport teeshirts for Gertie.  For me?  A hot pink J Crew teeshirt for work. 

10.  I started to tackle our landcaping, er, lack there of.  I have moved one bush.  Four more to go.  I'd like to win a $10,000 landscape makeover to solve our "no tree" problem. 

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie, love the newsy blog. Would love to stop by and visit when we drive to St. Louis in May. Let's make plans to do that.

    ReplyDelete