Monday, April 1, 2013

Please, no more replays of that awful leg injury from the Louisville basketball player.  Gross.  Poor kid.

AND baseball has arrived.  I can now focus on something positive....Verlander committing his life to the D.  Oh yes.  Greta will hopefully experience her first ball game this summer.  I am riding on high hopes that Los Tigres delivery the D. a World Series run.  Mostly because the Wings sucked real bad yesterday (not a Happy Easter), and it is worse that they lost to the Blackhawks.

The weather is warming up and I have grand plans for the yard.  While the yard is mighty spacious, I have to jump on my friend wagon and hit up some people for free plants.  While I don't have any specific plans, I do know that I will be planting four trees in the front yard/side yard, and several in the back.  We have almost a full acre, and there are only 3 trees on the property.  (The "willow" trees are worth a mention.)  Again, if any of my readers have access to free perennials, trees, and shrubs, please let me know. 

Biscuit killed and began to eat her 7th rabbit since we've moved in.  Fabulous.

I am still actively looking for a full time job.  Now that the hoopla of Greta's last test has died down, I'm back to the grind of looking at a bazillion job sites and Linkedin on a regular basis.  Yuck.  But then again, medical bills and monthly bills don't pay themselves.

I am very much looking forward to a garage sale this spring...Dave and I are parting with several items that are no longer needed--
media armoire
wicker furniture
Greta's old room rug
circular side tables
large table (stolen from our old meth head neighbors)
shoes
clothes
plastic plant pots

Hopefully with the sale of these items, we can purchase a smaller television for the TV room (and move the big one in the basement),and find a reasonable used couch/loveseat for additional seating.

Score of the week:  Kohl's sale plus an additional 30% off---I got me a second pair of my fav Nikes for 39 bucks!  Oh snap.

AND FINALLY,
I am thankful for the $5 carpet cleaner machine that my wondrous mother in law purchased for me at a garage sale last year.  I use it weekly to clean up Biscuit's puke after she attempts to eat dead vermin parts.  That is all.  Go Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment