Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas hath come and gone and I am currently loving the sunshine and snow that the New Year brought us.  I decided to go on hiatus with the Clean by Carrie, considering my back and hamstrings could not take it anymore.  Trips the chiropractor and Dave listening to me complain was enough for me---while I am only half way through the pregnancy, common sense tells me cleaning WON'T get any easier.  I decided to go with my gut and hang it up for now.  I am currently looking for a receptionist job---I run around enough with Gertie, I suppose I should find something stationary for the time being. 

It has actually been really nice, staying home with Greta for the last few weeks.  We have a nice schedule that includes at least a two hour nap in the afternoon.  I can't complain. The neighbor kids have been home for the last week and Greta loves having them over.  It is even better not having anxiety about what the week has to offer, juggling cleanings and trying to keep up with house.  I suppose this is a good time to mention a resolution I have for myself:  stop biting off more than I can chew.  I am notorious for this.  I will and take things as they come.

Aside for the holidays, and me going on a job hiatus, Dave got a new car.  The ol' Honda was ready to cross her rainbow bridge and I gladly ushered her across.  He purchased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and he loves it.  He has an hour long commute to work and he deserves to drive that is SAFE and comfortable.  My Subura is great for now, but come spring, she'll be replaced as well.  The Forester can't accommodate two car seats.  It is too small.  Again, great foresight on my behalf.

Not only did Dave get a new car, but the Detroit Lions CANNED Schwartz!  (Great transition, right?)  I am waiting with baited breath upon their coaching choice. Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden are out of the mix, which stinks, but there are great choices out there.   Just not Jim Caldwell.  The Lions need someone who can run the show and deal with Stafford's ego. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment