Sunday, August 28, 2011

I miss the Mitten

I ventured to our friendly neighbor to our immediate north, Michigan, last week. I went home to visit my grandmother who just had open heart surgery, as well as catch up with my pal Kady. Kady is almost 6 months pregnant with a girl and I couldn't be more happy for her! She has a son, Jack, who is 1.5 years of age and a total handful. Sans Jack, Kady, my mom and I had a great lunch at Sweet Lorraine's in Berkley and did some shopping at the cute shops nearby. We stopped to take a snapshot at this store, The Yellow Door. This store was fabulous because there were LOTS of Michigan gear in there---photos, jewelry, etc. Good times. I had a great visit---they always seem too short, but it was great to see my Ohana and a good friend. Oh, and I was sure to drink at least ONE Oberon while I was home----if you haven't tasted Bell's Oberon, I highly recommend doing so. It is a delicious way to celebrate summer and support the Michigan economy. However, my new favorite beer is Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. SO GOOD. Now that Kady is 6 months prego and ALMOST into her 3rd trimester, I hope she takes advantage of at least one Sunset Wheat while the weather is still warm.


On a different note, I posted this on Facebook, but I felt I didn't emphasize position well enough. SO, I met my trashy neighbor today-----her son, we'll call him Satan, was spotted three days ago trying to pour gasoline on Biscuit. So, this lady and her 4 year old terror were outside trying to fix their broke-down 4-wheeler. She was unaware that gas cans left outside in the 100 degree heat can create major problems, and the closer her son gets to Biscuit, the more pissed off she'll get. Clearly, she's not playing with a full deck. (The woman allows her son to rip all of my other neighbor's flowers out of the ground.) So, once again, sterilization is a must for some folks. Also, she may have been sporting a lazy eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment