Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mitten Bound

Holler! Greta and I are headed to el' Mitten for some Ohana time with Pepe and Nona, as well as Kady Becker and the Wills'. We are hoping to get some special great-grandparent time with O.G. Pepe and Grandma Monforton, depending on Grandma Mofo's health. She had open heart surgery last Friday and is doing better. Not sure if she is well enough for the wrath of Ms. Greta and all of her charm and sparkles. I definitely plan on indulging in some quality MI cuisine, which includes Olga's, Leo's, and possibly Sweet Lorraine's. I am not counting out Pepe's grilled classics, accompanied by an Oberon or a Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat (my new favorite beer). Regardless, if we make it the six hours, we should have a swell time while I'm there. I desperately miss Michigan summers, so I'm hoping to get my fill in only a few short days.

Side note: Bach Pad 2 is not as good as the first one. Way less drama and train wreckage, but I am getting a small fill of reality television drama.

Extra side note: I heard the Tigers want to release Magglio because he's hitting some sloppy spaghetti at home plate......I say give the guy a chance. He's one of the few right fielders that actually acknowledges his fans during a game with simple waves, smiles, and quiet banter. Sadly, I won't be visiting Comerica during my Mitten visit. Maybe next time. Greta is ready for a hot dog.


1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Leinenkugel's Berry beer? It's my current favorite - mostly because it tastes more like berries than a wheat-heavy beer :o)

    ReplyDelete