Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hollywood Trainwrecks

After much thought over the course of the last 24 hours, I have decided to finally make a statement about Kim Kardashian's nuptials: No one fucking cares. Actually, I do kinda care. Here is why:

I am sick and tired of celebrities mocking the sanctity of marriage. Getting married is a HUGE deal. You promise (usually in front of the church and all of your friends and family) that you will love, honor, and respect your spouse for the rest of your life. When folks enter this union with money on the brain, it completed exploits this covenant. I understand the whole Vegas thing---fun, spur of the moment, blah blah. But when folks have a priest, flower girls, a florist, a baker....it is a big deal. When Kim Kardashian pimped the E! Network to televise her wedding, I knew it was going to be a three ring circus. I, of course, was right.

She is now filing for divorce from her (what seems to be) semi-normal husband. (He's from Minnesota, his parents are still married, he has two dogs that he loves, he has a college degree. All signs point to normal.) This poor schmuck is laughing all the way to the bank, having earned over $250,000 per day that they were married. As a viewer, I feel like I've been "had" because I actually watched, when it seems that this whole marriage was a sham. Oh, and it lasted 72 days. My fall allergies usually last longer than that.

Poor Kris Humphries. Shame on Kim K. She should stick to what she knows---wearing spanx, giving blowjobs, and acting stupid.

On a side note: Dave and I decided NOT to dress Greta up in a Halloween costume. Rather, she enjoyed her night bouncing and listening to LMFAO in her pajamas. Next year, she wants to be Cher from the "Turn Back Time" music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY

No comments:

Post a Comment