Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cancer Sucks.


I went to visit my friend Kady's mom today at University Hospital. She had a double mastectomy after bravely battling breast cancer this year. Mrs. Clevenger looked great! After major surgery, she was upbeat and incredibly kind. I had never met Kady's mom, but I thought it was appropriate to offer my support since Kady is in Michigan (and I'm in Indiana).

I've decided that cancer officially sucks. After seeing first hand how physically challenging it is to deal with, I've had enough. Supporting causes that are working to find a cure for breast cancer is now at the top of my charity list. (The Humane Society and independent dog rescues are now at #2 and #3.)

Shirlee Clevenger, you are a brave lady. Keep up the fight. The Norton clan supports you!

For more information about breast and gynecological cancers:
www.savethetatas.com
www.komen.org
www.wcn.org

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Carrie! We appreciate that you were able to visit!! My parents thought you were hilarious. Sorry you had to meet Karley. ;)

    ReplyDelete