Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seriously?!?! Another Loss?!?!?!

The Detroit Lions. Let's discuss:

For a long time I've listened to nay-sayers talk smack about the great city of Detroit and their football team. I've been patient, I've been considerate, and I've been supportive of The Pride. However, the tide might be turning. I've been ridiculed enough----Honestly, the Lions do suck. I know this. I never wanted to believe what national newspapers were saying, or the dudes on Sportscenter. But, I'm starting to believe now. They suck. Their coach sucks. I'm beginning to think Matt Stafford may be hype---he's been hurt most of the season. The back up is hurt, and the back up to the back up has tried his darndest. Well, apparently, it's not good enough. It's just plain sad.

Detroit has been a city of folks that has been supportive of their sport teams---we have much to celebrate with the Red Wings. They are one of the winningest teams in NHL history. The Detroit Tigers are one of the oldest teams in baseball (even though they haven't won the pennant since '84). The Pistons put Detroit back on the map a few years ago---they may have another slump this year, but they surely aren't the Lions. I've just now realized what it feels like to be embarrassed by a football team I root for.

Dave and I are attending the annual Thankgsgiving Day game at Ford Field. The Lions will be playing the New England Patriots, a powerhouse team led by a Wolverine (Go Blue!). Kid Rock is playing at halftime. I'm hoping I don't start puking into my own lap before halftime looking at the scoreboard. I pray for miracles every day and a Lions win on Thanksgiving might have to be one.

www.prideofdetroit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment