Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day, Thanksgiving, whatever.


I am going to get right down to business with this blog. I am very disappointed with the Lions.

Dave and I were super pumped to see the Lions play the Patriots on Thanksgiving Day. The Lions game on Turkey Day is a HUGE deal in Detroit---The Parade, tailgating, crazy Pilgrim costumes, drunk fans---it is awesome. I went into the stadium thinking the Lions had a serious chance at beating Tom Brady's team. Going into the second half, my hopes continued. THEN, things started to go downhill. Fast. Well, two Patriots touchdowns, and one interception later, Dave and I called it quits. We left with 3:45 left in the game. I was pissed off, hungry, and annoyed. UGH. Not a happy camper.

Once again, the Lions totally let me down. It didn't help that they had several injuries affecting their playing roster. I make excuses because I can't muster the courage to say what everyone else is saying: They suck. THERE! I SAID IT! (I am hoping that Bill Cowher steps forward and says he wants to take on this team and turn it around. Mr. Keeble would argue with me on that one.)

Dave and I continued our tour of Detroit to enjoy a needed Thanksgiving feast, to put out our depressing "loss flames." We enjoyed a great meal at my Uncle Marty's house. Great apps, great potatoes, great conversation (thanks to zero discussion about the election). We then continued the tour to my Uncle Toby's to enjoy a much needed bowl of Grandma Mofo's stuffing. At Marty's, then prepare Paula's dad's stuffing----it is so good, but involves apples. Grandma's is the good stuff: pork, veal, bread. No monkey business. Clearly, she does NOT mess around. Good Canadian women don't mess around in the kitchen. Pork. That's all I'm going to say.

Thanksgiving was a great way to kick off the hallerday (holiday) season---I look forward to decorating the house, watching bad Christmas movies, and lots of baking (and more Lions losses).

Happy Thanksgiving. Oh, one more thing: I'm pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Jack just heard the good news! (see, I can keep a secret!) He is SOOOO excited for Baby MoNo! Congrats, again, to you, Dave, and the girls! :)

    ReplyDelete