Thursday, January 20, 2011

Delay of Game


Ok, so I am home AGAIN with another "self induced snow day." Usually, I get excited to a see a forecasted storm heading our way. Well, not today. For the first time in a long time I actually have some work to do at school. I feel guilty about not attending today, but since I am carrying precious cargo, I am a bit hesitant to brave I-37. Here is what it looks like right now:

As you can see (according to the picture) the road have NOT been plowed and our street is still suffering from 2 inches of snow. While 2 inches is really something to laugh at, there is ice underneath. No one is laughing now (especially on the interstate). So, I made the brave decision to stay home, again. I am kinda feeling like a slacker today. However, I love waking up to snow. It is quiet, peaceful, and nice to look at. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.



**Note to readers who are affiliated with I.D.O.T.:
Having a million plows in Indianapolis DOES NOT help people south of Marion County. Therefore, please advocate for more money for the state to purchase salt trucks used for areas surrounding Marion County.
Love,
Carrie the Monforton Norton





We had a special visitor this weekend: AUNTY DANA! Beans and Biscuit were super excited to see their Aunty. Aunty Dana loves her niecelets so very much. Dana had such a hard time saying goodbye to them, she stayed for another day. Hopefully in the future, she can find a job that is close to us so our visits are more regular.







Baby Update:
Now that we know "it" is a "she," we are settling into the idea of our future daughter. We have started discussing her nursery, really enjoying the name we picked for her, and what her future holds for her. Dave is no longer scared about raising a female. We've gotten some great advice from friends about their experiences. I think Dave will do just fine. I also felt the baby move/kick/dance/hiccup/fart for the first time. VERY WEIRD. Like Alien, but much less stressful. Now I really know something is cooking in my belly. I feel good (kinda tired). I am officially unable to fit into normal pants. By normal, I mean those that require a fastener, button, zipper, belt, snap, etc. I am now venturing into what I can gracefully call, "Mom Pants." I love elastic. Elastic is a great invention. I am also loving maternity fashions----While I was sworn off leggings after seeing a million pairs worn by all of the sorostitutes in BTown, I understand the craze. Comfy, remotely flattering, cheap. I'm in. So, I went with Dana and we purchased my first pair of leggins. Holler. I go back for another ultrasound at 24 weeks to make sure I am no longer pre-previa (not so good). Hopefully, my uterus and other parts will be cooperating by then. I'm not worried. She is fine--She has a bladder and 2 kidneys. Hopefully, the rest of her parts will in place the next time I see her. I will be posting some "belly" pics soon. It is no longer an illusion. I have a belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment