Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions and Revelations



We have begun yet another year (and we are all still on the planet----I heard today Armaggedon was approaching. Well, Fox News still exists and Van Halen is not back together. Therefore, no Armaggedon yet.)

In lieu of this joyous event, I decided to take a stab at some resolutions for the year. I gave these resolutions much thought today---I feel I often set myself up for failure when I "bite off more than I can chew." So, I am going to be reasonable. I am not going to wish for a 25 weight loss, because I'm prego and that just wouldn't be good. I am also not going to wish for job security, because well, that went out the door when I decided to become a teacher. Here we go:

1) Try not to be so judgmental. Yes, this is a biggie. However, I do think I can improve greatly in this area. I am a pain in the ass, and this extends outwardly how I view others. I am going to try very hard to give folks a moment to make a way for themselves. If they say something totally stupid many times, well, then, there you go.
2) No texting while driving. Yes, Oprah! I am guilty of this! 2011 will be a year dedicated to responsible driving. Oh, and no speeding tickets. Right now, I'm due for one about every two years. I just "earned" one before Thanksgiving, so I'm good.
3) No more wishing for things. I am majorly guilty of this...wishing things away, wishing things to come my way...blah blah. One of my favorite quotes is from a cheesy novel, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, "If you want your prayers answered, get up off your knees and do something about them." Words to live by, seriously. If I want things to happen, I have to make them happen.

That is it. I feel like 3 resolutions is a healthy amount.
I have a few revelations from 2010----Christmas decorations are way more fun to put up than take down.
The Detroit Lions CAN improve. Really.
I am an excellent "do-nothing-all-day" person. I am very pr
oud of this. I'm sure there will a lot of this in the next 6 months.
I miss Michigan the longer I am away from it.
In the words of Luann De Lesseps, "Money can't buy you class." Well said, sister.
Here are some pictures of my Christmas/Festivus decor
(and a Beans for good measure):

No comments:

Post a Comment