Wednesday, April 25, 2012

And I'm back.  I've devoted this week to my newest obsession:  COUPONING.  While I will often watch those Extreme Couponing shows on TLC, I'm usually baffled how these folks stretch their dollar so far.  After doing some reading, consulting friends (thanks Kady!), I am beginning to get the hang of it.  I will say it is very time consuming.  BUT, it is really fun saving so much money (with a ton of loot to look at).

I'm working some my next score this weekend---My goal in all of this is to spend as little as possible on household things:  detergent, cleaning supplies, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, etc.  I know our grocery bill won't be nothing because of the meat, fruits, and veggies we eat.  But I know saving in the household department will free up some money at the end of the month.

Speaking of freeing up money, Dave and I traded in our Acadia for a more affordable, and gas saving Subaru Outback.  It is smaller, but still roomy.  Greta and I would drive around town in the big Acadia, and I would find myself spending $80 bucks at the pump for no reason.  On trips, it was nice.  But we are better at packing now, so I know we really don't the space anymore.  I look forward to finding her a name....she is Red Wing red and has tan leather interior.  I think I might just call her #19 for now.....thoughts?  Suggestions?

Oh, back to the couponing.....my first coupon trip concluded with $220 worth of goods for $150.  Not bad.  My goal next time is to save 75%.  I'll keep everyone posted.  Whoo hoo!

And to conclude, I'm back to my pre-pre prego weight.  God, I love ADD medication.  Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the car, the weight loss, and the couponing...you might need to share some tips!!

    ReplyDelete