Friday, March 1, 2013

Oh winter.  At this point, I'm not a fan.  Long gone are the days of blankets of white (hu-white, in the South) fluffy stuff that Beanie and Biscuit go nuts over----instead, we have been "blanketed" with sleet, rain, freezing rain, freezing drizzle, and a teeny tiny amount of snow.  NOW, it just looks gray, wet, and gross.  Yep, wet shoes, wet paws, and lots of mud.  No mi guesta.  In an effort to get myself out of this wet winter funk, I've thrown myself into finding a new job.  Yep, Carrie's my name and job hunting is my game.  Much different the days of having a simple resume send-off and a nice phone call greets you days later.  Instead, I have been spending hours on the computer, surfing the world wide interweb and sifting through postings on linkedin.  I really do feel for those folks who have a household to support.  At this point, employment for me means paying off our credit cards, medical bills, and car payment faster.  By faster, I mean by 2020.  I didn't even mention our school loans---that is a separate blog on a separate day (that will result in tears and a possible broken toenail from throwing my foot through the drywall). 

While these are not complaints, it is an opportunity to just dig my heels in and find something.  Thankfully, Dave has a good job and Biscuit's vet visits have not exceeded $1000, just $500 in the last 2 months.  Yes, rabbits and Beanie's teeth do make for nice matches for Biscuits.  Poor pup pup.

So I had an interview in South Bend yesterday---bought the suit, strapped on some fake nails, brushed my nails and pulled out the fancy paper for some resume printing, and headed NW in the hopes to get some serious looks at my professional potential.  Of course, it was a glorified cattle call and I walked out of my one hour "session" feeling just okay.  I usually  nail the interview portion, as in pageant talk, but this time....I just felt okay.  We shall see.....if it doesn't pan out to anything, I am still searching for something else.  I really want a sales rep job in northern Indiana.  I am not afraid of travel, per se, but I would like to be home in the late evenings to see Gertie and Dave.  I know traveling parenting is NOT FUN.  Again, I am optimistic in the hopes I will find something in the next 2 months.  Greta is almost 2 and I have been home with her the whole time.  It is time for her to pack up her puppy back pack get on the bus to puppy school.

And now, a break for some random thoughts:

I just made some dog treats for the pups, and they taste delicious.

I bought a new suit this week.  The pants?  Yep, a size 6.  I love Concerta.

My basement is a disaster.

I'm sick of cleaning up dog poop and dog barf on the carpet. 

Don't ever buy a Samsung dishwasher from Best Buy.  Horrible customer service.  A piece of garbage machine. 

Tom Steele Tire in Fort Wayne is cheap, fast, and efficient.  They have my business forever.

My current obsession? Finding good deals and Gymboree, specifically, buying socks.

I want a job recruiter just magically call me out of the blue.

Gypsy Sisters, the tv show on TLC, sucks.  Such a let down.

Went to go see Bozer in Chicago with Gertie last weekend.  He is amazing and smells delish.





1 comment:

  1. So glad you're posting again!
    I agree about being ready for winter to go away. Three weeks til Spring is here (at least on the calendar)....

    ReplyDelete