Sunday, May 13, 2012

After a weekend in Chicago, helping Jennie with her garden beds and eating Polish food, I'm finally home.  A few observations:

Gas is WAY too expensive in Illinois.
Coupons are NOT doubled in Illinois.
Polish food is accessible in every town in Illinois.
Bed, Bath, and Beyond in Illinois sells items found in drugstores (shampoo, vitamins, etc.).
Hinsdale, Illinois is gorgeous.
Indianapolis or Bloomington needs an IKEA.
I-65, north of Indianpolis, is a dumb-ass-driver-extravaganza.
I don't miss teaching.
I'm over taupe walls.  Next stop:  Grays and blues.
While I love my Subaru, the Acadia had way more room.
Mother's Day is like a second birthday.
Catching up with SJC Alums is super awesome, especially when it involves juicy gossip.
People are SO RUDE when they DON'T rsvp to parties they are invited to.
Beans is not a good traveler.
$10,000 dollars is NOT worth someone's life.
I need to win the lottery so I can go on a two week vacation.
Being away from GFP is not fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. And you. And juicy gossip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your perspective on things. You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete