Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lazy Days Ahead

So, I successfully navigated yet another holiday season at Casa Mofo and Casa Norton. I was rewarded on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with wonderful "prizes" for my visits--a much needed camera, Uggs, apron, fat kid pants (sweats), perfume, maternity clothes (that don't fit yet, because no "belly" exists), and several sleep-in mornings. All in all, it was a truly a great Christmas. The BEST moment of my break thus far came on Boxing Day, December 26.

Dave and I were invited to Jack Becker's 1st Birthday-a truly momentous occasion. Kady decorated the Becker household (a gorgeous house, might I add) with a tie motif. Ties hanging from the chandeliers, laying across tables, fashioned to busts on mantles. It was so cute. Kady truly outdid herself in the decor department. I think she may need to begin a career as a party designer. Jack was a cute as ever, rocking' out a "tie" onesy. I had been planning a great 1st birthday present for Jack for a while---I definitely knew I wanted to get him a shopping cart. SO, after shopping around at Toys R Us, Target, etc., and finally venturing to The Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop in Berkley, Michigan, I found the perfect shopping cart. I am proud to say, it was the coolest gift at the party and Jack loved it! Unfortunately, every picture I took on my NEW camera was deleted because I forgot to put in the memory stick (blame pregnancy brain). Hopefully Kady got some good pictures for her blog, www.ourbeckerblog.blogspot.com
Here is the shopping cart:
I'm back home now in Bloomington celebrating the last 5 days of my break. I love being at home with the dogs and the prospect of REAL rest. I am going to be doing some soup-making and cooking-baking in the next few days. Holler.

Pregnancy update #5: No baby bump, still. Hmph. I feel normal. Yes, its weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment