Monday, December 13, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful, but the Indian Food I Made is So Delightful.....

What better way to celebrate a self-imposed snow day than wrapping presents, finishing up ornament hanging, and making Indian food for dinner. All in all, it was a successful day. Last night, the weather here in south-central Indiana was a bit interesting. Blowing snow, wind, some more snow, ice, etc. I decided to possibly consider a snow day for myself today if this Mother Nature shenanigans continued into this morning. Lo and behold, it did. I woke up at 5 a.m., cruised through 3 news stations and NADA! I.P.S.: no 2 hour delay. Of course! I.P.S. always has school. BAH! I looked a bit closer at the television and noticed EVERY OTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT IN CENTRAL INDIANA WAS ON A DELAY. No fair! Ugh! I glanced outside, saw no plow or salt truck, emailed my colleagues, and went back to bed. I figured my 70 mile commute would be a disaster with the advisory and warning issued for Indiana. I was right. Apparently things were quite harry on the roads this morning.

I settled nicely into my "snow day," and found myself to be quite productive. I would show before and after pictures, but my camera went to Jesus last week. I'm hoping Sinter Clas brings me a new one in 2 weeks.

Here's to a blizzard the week we are suppose to return from Christmas break........

No comments:

Post a Comment