Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hell in a Handbasket

I was running errands yesterday with my sister, and one of the stops included a local Christian bookstore. I have NEVER ventured into one these lovely shops because, well, I've never had any interest in stopping in.....I had to find baptismal invitations for Greta's upcoming christening, and I surely thought the Christian bookstore would have what I was looking for. (Hallmark didn't seem to think they had anything like that.)

I walked in the store, was greeted by a kind woman behind the counter, and continued to eyeball the place for stationary/cards/invitations. The woman asked what I was looking for, and I replied, "Baptism invitations." She quickly replied, "A Catholic baptism?" I said, "Yes." She then said they had NOTHING Catholic in the store and continued to glare at me. Awesome. As I posted on Facebook, I already knew I was headed for hell, but this surely sealed the deal. Thanks, bitch woman at the "Christian" bookstore. Last time I checked, Jesus was a JEW. Way to be compassionate, kind, and understanding. I should have told her I was gay and was a current employee of an abortion clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment