Monday, October 24, 2011

Since Lauren Spierer's disappearance on June 3rd, I have been on the "look out" whenever I am out and about in Bloomington. When I am on the Clear Creek Trail or any other heavily wooded areas, I feel like the majority of my attention is beyond the trail, as I am trying to find Lauren too.

Sadly, it has been almost 5 months, and she has still not been found. However, I actually thought I found her when Greta, Beans, and I came across some large bones next to the concrete path we were walking on----I actually googled the Btown Police Department to ask someone if they could come out and look at the bones. Thankfully, some nice walker-ladies behind me verified they were deer bones from a nearby carcass.

No joke, whenever I am driving by the woods, I am asking myself, "Is Lauren in there?" Now that I am a momma, I can't imagine losing a child, let alone, having your child disappear out of thin air.

While we didn't find Lauren, Beans managed to take a dip in the stream and Greta fell asleep. I guess my inner C.S.I. agent will have to wait til our next walk. Dr. Haskell would be proud. (Dr. Haskell was one of my professors in college. He is an expert witness to several homicide trials because of his background in entomology, aka, maggots on bodies. He testified for the Casey Anthony (crazy bitch) trial while we were laid up at Comm North with Greta. Seriously, he is famous and I know him. Awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment