Sunday, October 3, 2010

Football Fun for Everyone





I experienced my very first Big Ten tailgate this weekend. Dave and I were graciously invited to attend in anticipation of a big Indiana University win over the University of Michigan Wolverines (Go Blue!). I was super excited and could not wait to see some serious corn hole, football tossing, tree-peeing, side-of-the-car puking. (I did not see any puking, but lots of angry sorostitutes with Wellie boots, side ponytails, and black leggings.)

We came a bit late to the pre-game tailgate ritual that takes place on "The Meadow," which is located on the west side of the stadium. Holy Hoosiers-----cars, flags, beer cans....it was awesome.
**Side note: The only "real" tailgate I've experienced before this was two Notre Dame/Navy games. While it was awesome to be in the ND parking lot, the Meadow at I.U. tops the blacktop.

I ran into a fellow SJC alum, Mr. Michael Field and his little boy, Wyatt. That was pretty awesome. Turns out he and his wife live about 15 minutes from us. It is nice to know a fellow Puma is not too far away.

I encountered lots of confident Michigan fans--I greeted them with smiles and high fives. I was sure not to wear any Hoosier wear, not wanting to discount or let down my fellow Michiganders (my sister-in-law, Kelly). I did wear a Tony Clark tee-shirt underneath my coat, so I did feel some connection to U of M. I wore a red Canada hat, so I looked somewhat like an Indiana fan. Who am I kidding?

I had a great time......

No comments:

Post a Comment