Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hocking Hills

It has been over a week since my last post. SORRY! Dave and I enjoyed a great vacation to the Hocking Hills of Ohio. It was a great trip. Dave's parents accompanied us. Lots of hiking, lots of biking, and several creepy houses. We stayed in an old pastor's house next to a church erected in 1846. With an early 1800's cemetery just 200 yards away, there were moments when I thought I was on Ghost Hunters. We visited 3 different state parks---all with different physical features. We were located just 20 miles south of Athens, home to Ohio University. I would highly recommend a visit to this beautiful part of the Midwest.

**FYI, the Hocking Hills are also located in the poorest part of Ohio. Just 45 miles west of the West Virginia border, there are clear remnants of a broke-down mining industry. True poverty was evident in these parts, though every person we met was very nice. Tourism now drives their economy.

Pictures to come when my virus infested computer gets its act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment