Monday, June 6, 2011

Don't You Know That The Time Has Arrived

(My favorite line from all the New Kids on the Block songs...not really, but I thought it was relevant to today's post.)

So, Dave and I went to our final check up with Dr. Lane. Nothing really changed, as I expected. My dream sequence fantasy from yesterday did NOT come true. SO, she "stripped my membranes" (Frigging gross, right?) and told me to see what happens from now (9 am) until tomorrow (Tuesday at 8 am). Well, nothing new. SO, I am taking this peace and quiet and lack of pain in stride......I got a manicure, sent some taggie blankets in the mail, passed out some flyers on behalf of a missing IU student (I'll get to that in a bit), water my plants, baked some cupcakes, and made dinner. NO, I'm not nesting. I am desperately trying to soak up my quiet time. Oh, the pups were dropped off at summer camp. Unbeknownst to them, they will be big sissies when they come home on Thursday or Friday. Beans will be a great big sissy. Biscuit, well, we'll see. She is lacking nurturing qualities, but I know she will be very protective of Baby Norton. So, I still have a few more hours of energy left, so I'm going to get some dusting done, some laundry, and vacuuming. After all, if the Oprah Show decides to pay us a visit after hatching the Christ Child, our house will look a bit presentable.

Ok, back to the IU student....
So on Friday night/Saturday morning, this girl Lauren was walking home from Kilroys to her apartment on College and 11th. She was last seen, with no shoes, at 4:30 am. She was allegedly by herself, though there is speculation that she was with some people initially, then they were separated. She is 20 years old and weights next to nothing. She is cute, blond, blue eyes---definite "townie" candy. This poor girl---So, she has been missing since Saturday morning. Her parents and family are here. I was walking in to my pedicure place and this lady hands me a missing person flyer---after chatting for a few minutes, I decided I had enough time to help pass out some flyers on the west side of town where I live. Thankfully, people gladly accepted the papers and willingly put up the signage. It was one hour of my day, but God knows her family is seriously freaking out right now. My heart is breaking for them. So readers, send out positive thoughts to her and her family that she is found....safe.....in Bloomington.....You can read more about it here:
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110606/LOCAL/110606005/Volunteers-continue-search-missing-IU-student?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

(As a soon to be mother of a daughter, I can't help but feel for this family.)

Back to the baby hatching time:
We arrive at the hospital at 8 am tomorrow so I can be rigged up to the magic potion (Petocin) machine. I will gladly accept an epidural before 10 am, as I understand contractions on the potion are NOT NICE. SO, with that being said, I am trying to stay calm and collected as I have never been through this before. If someone were to throw a knee/foot surgery my way, I'd gladly accept the challenge. Not this so much----

Please send positive vibes and well wishes my way as Margaret Elizabeth will be here sometime in the next 48 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait. Hope you are doing well. GOOD LUCK. Lots of love and wonderful birth vibes sent your way from DC! xoxo

    ReplyDelete