Thursday, June 16, 2011

Margaret Elizabeth "Greta" Norton



WELL, it has been way too long. I am happy to report Margaret Elizabeth Norton was happily hatched on Wednesday, June 8th at 11:43 a.m. She weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. I labored for 26 (and didn't feel a thing....epidurals RULE), and after a traumatic entrance into the world, we had our Greta. She spent 8 days in the NICU at Community North under very close observation and treatment to deal with head trauma that she suffered during delivery. While I won't go into this much, it was terrifying, horrific, and awful to witness. Thankfully through the grace of God and many happy thoughts, we finally have her home. She is actually enjoying her Lamb-swingy-thing as I type. She is feeding well with the help of supplemental formula when she decides weazing my juice isn't good enough. She came home at 7 lbs, so we are hoping to pork her up by the 4th of July. She is very mellow baby. I am assuming this is Dave's trait that was passed on to her, considering I'm usually a hot mess of impatient emotions mixed with episodes of psychosis from too much SoapNet.

Dave and I were flooded with supportive emails, texts, voicemails, cards, and phone calls during our stay at the hospital. Without such positive support and love, we surely would have cracked. Granted, we had our moments. We are now focused on Greta growing and developing like a normal little person (or a Baby Bird as I like to call her). She definitely has shown us what strength and courage is---it is amazing what a 7 lbs human will do.

She will be meeting her Pepe (my dad) for the first time on Friday. She is super excited to hear the first few pieces of life advice ("Not feeling well? Drink a Gatorade and take some ibuprofen."-Doug Monforton) as well as commentary on Division I lacrosse.

Again, this experience has been mind-blowing. I will try hard to not devote my blog to all things baby, as I am able to also enjoy other things in life too. However for today, my blog will focus on my new daughter, Greta.

P.S. When a woman delivers a baby--no matter which way----all modesty goes right out the ol' window. I think about 45 people saw my lady business and/or my boobages. HAWT. SO, for all you single ladies out there---when you find your man or partner and you want to have babies in the future, start preparing yourself for them to see ALL of your parts. I'm talkin' ALL YOUR PARTS.

Until then......

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful. You and Dave look so happy. I cannot wait to meet her in person. Sending lots of love and wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete