Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I have not been the best blogger lately, and for that, I apologize. I am trying to embrace the season of Jesus' birthday by baking, and hanging Christmas decor. Thankfully, Jennie came down this past weekend to assist with the decor. The baking, well, it is going ok. I am currently marinating some cream cheese cookie dough in my fridge as I type----they will be morphed into a kolachky type cookie with raspberry preserves. I hope they turn out swell.

During the "hallerdays" (holidays), I usually spend my free time watching Christmas movies that involve wintry movie sets and beautiful houses (The Family Stone, The Holiday, Prancer). However, yesterday I veered off course and watched Prime, starring Bryan Greenburg. While this movie has nothing to do with Christmas (as it shows the dynamic in a Jewish household), there is some connections---Bryan Greenburg is Jewish (and Jesus was a Jew), AND the end scene involves a restaurant on a snowy night. Boom, there you go. I recommend viewing it if you haven't done thus far. Bryan Greenburg is delicious and Uma Thurman's hair is glorious.

And finally, Dave and I attended our first holiday party at his boss' house. There was a white elephant gift exchange that took place. I took it seriously and went to the Goodwill to find my treasures. The other folks purchased their treasures at real stores----maybe they didn't get the memo? The treasures I purchased involved a used ashtray from a medical conference circa 1999 and a Ronnie Milsap album from 1976. Ah-mazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment