Wednesday, February 15, 2012

After reading the news today, I have some GRAVE concerns in regard to the "stories" that the media is covering.

1) Yes, Whitney Houston died. It is sad. HOWEVER, we DO NOT need to be flying flags at half mast or some other military like bullshit charade. She died of a drug overdose because she was an addict. Each day, families lose their loved ones to terminal illness, crime, and old age. These folks don't get any of the press that Whitney is getting. It is embarrassing that the media thinks the majority of America wants/needs to hear about Whitney so much. Embarrassing.

2. Chris Brown was mean-tweeting after his Grammy win, calling out all the "haters." Chris Brown was and forever will be a wife-beater. I don't give a fuck that he made a fun wedding dance song that was featured on the Office, he's still an assclown jerkface. I'm not sure if he gets the fact that people just won't forget that. I say bring back R. Kelly---his crimes weren't as bad. We all need to pee sometime.

3. Peyton Manning vs. Jim Irsay: NO ONE CARES. He's old and needs to retire. PLUS, he has a wonky neck. He should take up golf and move on. Indy needs a new franchise player that is better looking....

4. Mitt Romney and the rest of the Republican group running for President---I couldn't tell you who is who....all I know is they all are Pro-Life (GROSS) and don't like the gays. Needless to say, I won't be voting for them. They have too much money and too much time. Again, they should find another hobby.......As long as there is a candidate that is Pro Choice, loves the Gays, and thinks Education in this country is important, I'm voting for him or her.

5. AND most importantly, the Red Wings posted their 21st win at home (a NHL record). I'm sad that we don't get the games on TV here in Indiana. If there is one thing that I miss so much, living in Indiana, it is Detroit sports. As if my Detroit "D" tattoo wasn't enough, I LOVE hearing about the Wings on ESPN. I makes me happy to now Blackhawk fans are crying in the corner somewhere.

6. A little entertainment teaser that I have to mention: Bruce Springsteen's new album is coming out in March. SO EXCITED. I must say, nothing has topped the Kennedy Center Honors when Sting played The Rising. It made me cry. I want this song played at my funeral. SERIOUSLY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccncWNbeVEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment