Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where's Beans? Can you find her? (In a "Where's Waldo?" tone of voice)

Yep, this is what our bedroom looks like now. Too bad it has only been TWO MONTHS since Chris built our closet and it still looks like a bomb went off. HOWEVER, I did purchase knobs for the doors this week. The laundry? That is a completely different monster. This is my rationale: Our basement, aka The Drop Zone, has been bombarded with clothes, baby crap, Christmas decor, tools, etc. I figure I am not able to brace the laundry situation until the basement situation is on lock. This is a dual-action activity that I am planning for this weekend. It won't be easy, but I have faith. Until then, I continue to battle the monster I call unfolded (but clean) clothes.

Guess who was domestically gifted today???? Yep, ME! I FINALLY finished planting my tulips.....in February......I am THAT person. However, it is 50 degrees out and the ground is no where near frozen. I'm sure I will have tons of benign growth (green, no flowers), but that means for better bulbs next spring.

I thought I'd bring it back old school with my Highlights/Lowlights section:

HIGHLIGHTS:
1. I finally got my hair (literally) cut and colored last night. I found this great lady, Whitney, about 20 minutes away. She is super cheap (50 bucks!) and always does a great job. She can cut and color! (A unicorn hairdresser.)
2. The Superbowl is almost here! The Norton Ohana will be heading to the Misky's this Sunday to celebrate another year in football. Sadly, the Lions won't be playing, but I know they'll be there in 2013.
3. I had a successful Wine Club night at the house on Friday. Lots of laughing and lounging---it was sweatpants theme, which was great. Everyone was relaxed. I was able to get some of my ladies from Indy to come down---it was great!
4. The large calf boots I ordered from Amazon came yesterday. I can't wait to pair them with some leggings and my new tunic shirt. (I like to ride in style.)
5. I discovered Pinterest. I do not need to elaborate.

LOWLIGHTS:
1. Greta Button has been fighting a nasty cold since Monday. We will be heading back to the doctor this afternoon for another ear check. She is miserable. Diarrhea, runny nose, sore fanny, awful cough, restless sleeping---not okay.
2. Still no decision on a sling surgery for me---after speaking with Dave's insurance company, they want me to see yet another doctor. UGH. I should just start marching down the street with my legs open. Seriously.
3. We've been casually looking at houses in Bloomington. Sadly, all the houses we like are way out of our price range. I need a winning lottery ticket.
4. Still, no snow.
5. The basement is a shithole and I don't have a cleaning lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment