Friday, February 3, 2012


I am a bit more clear headed this morning, because Greta actually caught some ZZZ's last night. She only woke up once, after a nightmare, and went back to sleep shortly after. Sidenote: I can't stand having a sick kid, and I am thankful everyday we don't spend days and nights at Riley or St. Jude's. Those poor kids have it rough. No complaints out of me. However, last night, when Greta woke up with her nightmare, I was able to sling her over my shoulder like I did when she was a newborn. I haven't been able to do this in so long----rubbing her back, petting her baby bird spikes, it makes me so sad because she is growing. Hmph. Needless to say, I held her like this for about an hour. I totally get those moms that say dumb kid stuff like this.

And because I have a clearer head (and a nervous system supported by Concerta), I am ready to take on the beast that we call laundry. Folks, it is bad. Again, I'm one step away from Hoarders coming.

And finally, I am feeling very proud of myself because I have actually accomplished some tasks that Dave and I have been putting off for months: Life insurance and creating a will/trust for Greta. I tried to do some internet research about both topics, but it gets confusing. There is basic information out there about how to go about both things, but it is always best to get advice from someone in the profession. I called my friend Kady about the life insurance because her Dad sells it. She gave me the number to the office and this very intelligent/non trashy/educated person called me back. She was extremely patient, poised, and articulate discussing the entire process. She was definitely NOT trying to sell me flood insurance or tractor insurance, which was a relief. We will most likely go with Kady's dad's company---I also hear it is best to deal with someone you kinda know----I can't imagine something actually happening and trying to pin down policies and all that crap. Snaps to Kady's dad's company.

As far as the will/trust thing goes, I called my dad and his lawyer is going to do write it up for us. I feel major relief now, knowing Greta and our family won't have to deal with all the crap if something were to happen. You hear about that all the time, and what a horrible way to grieve----and another thing, because Dave and I are worth MILLIONS (yea, right), we don't want Greta blowing her trust on a Ferrari and barrels of cocaine (like most of the kids I met when I traveled to San Diego in '03). I want to make sure she has all the Fisher Price Little People she wants (and I want...I am obsessed).

It is now 10:12 and I'm still in my snowflake pajamas. I'm about to mainline my Concerta and get started on that damn laundry.

(The picture above was taken the week we brought Greta home from the hospital. She weighed about 7 pounds at the time. Triple that, and that is what we are dealing with today. LARGE MARGE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment