Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We are on day #3 of the flu in Casa Norton. It is NOT pretty. Dana, my awesome baby sister, came into town at the drop of a hat on Monday night, as I lay in a hospital bed and Dave kept Greta out of the mix. 4 am rolled around, and Dana came to get me---not 4 hours later, I hear Dana running into our ONE bathroom, puking her brains out. Dana isn't much to be touched, so I handed her a cold washcloth, offered her some Gatorade, and returned to my disgusting flu-ridden bed (next to Dave). Yesterday afternoon, I started to feel better-----granted, I was doped up on Daladid, Maalox, Pepcid, Lidocaine, and Zofran---but feeling better. 5 pm rolls around, and Dave gives me this very wimpy look, flushed and a bit sweaty, telling me he doesn't feel well. Oh shit. SO, Dana is laid up on the couch, Dave is in bed, Greta just had her 3rd blowout of the day and it wasn't even 7 pm. Thankfully, Greta went to bed pretty early, Dave's fever was being controlled by Aleve and a cold washcloth and Dana and I were eating saltines on the couch. Dana is definitely NOT feeling 100%, but she is starting to turn a corner. Dave still has a fever, has yet to puke, but looks better. The dogs are at puppy school, so it is my turn to disinfect the entire house hoping Greta DOES NOT get the flu.

On a brighter note, it is about 70 outside. The windows are open. I will be complaining about this come April when my allergies are on high alert from the lack of freezing temps this winter. NOT COOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment