Thursday, February 24, 2011

200,000 and Going.....


Well, today marks an important occassion for the Ol' Honda. She reached 200,000 miles. "Never" as I call her, has been through some tough times----One major accident, several fender benders, a blizzard......Hopefully she'll have another 100,000 miles in her. (If not, I am totally NOT oppossed to a brand new Audi, Acura, or Lexus.)
Here are some of Never's features:
-A displaced license plate. In September, I had the pleasure of experiencing someone stealing my license plate. Yes, I work in the ghetto.
-A brand new exhaust system. Yet again, a victim of catalytic converter theft. I was very shaken by this.
-The occassional alarm system going off, without warning. I believed she may be periodically possessed by the devil.
-Random farm animals stickers decorating the dash and mirrors. Whenever any of my passengers are feeling down, I can immediately show them a baby goat and WHAM!, they are in a better mood.
-Broken locks. Yes, one of her many electrical problems---the power locks sometimes work.
-Permanent mud stains/paw prints on the back seat. This is why I hate leather interiors. I can blame Beans and Biscuit for this.
-Most importantly, the ability to gain serious speed/momentum at any given time. Never has incredible pick-up---it is her fancy lady parts (a V-6 engine).
Highlights:
1. My no-chip manicure in Bella's Vampire still looks great.
2. I did not flick anyone off on my way to work AND on the way home.
3. I am excited to see Jennie this weekend---She and Chris just purchased a new crib. Ohana time.
Lowlights:
1. I have still not dealt with my spaghetti obession. It is seriously day 35 of eating spaghetti at least once a day. I am keeping Barilla and Ragu in business.
2. I gave into a minor chocolate craving after lunch---What I really wanted was an Americano NOT a bag of M&M's.
3. I am a bad wife. I have only cooked for Dave once in two weeks. Not the wifey I am suppose to be.
List of the Day:
Some Traits that May Make A Person Trashy
1. Living with a boyfriend who is NOT the father of your unborn child.
2. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I think I need to find a Baby Goat sticker for my grumpy son.

    ReplyDelete