Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dumb People

I ventured to Greenwood after school for some more prego fashions. Unfortunately, Bloocmington has practically nothing when it comes to maternity clothing. It sucks, because you have to try at least 40 minutes for flipping pants! Anyhoo, I was paroosing (sp?) through Motherhood Maternity when a gaggle, yes gaggle, of teenagers came in----Three high school-Teen Mom wannabes, looking for clothes. One appeared to be pregnant, though I say that lightly. They all had major beer/insulin resistance guts---who knows. The were squeaking away at each other, talking about how the clothes were so cute and comfy looking. Ugh. Whatever. Hows about you wait and pop out a kid when my tax dollars don't have to pay for it? Sorry---I am mad at MTV for airing Teen Mom. I really think it glorifies teen girls making poor decisions about 1) Sex 2) Trying to be "normal" teens after pregnancy 3) then reaping the benefits of their paychecks with fake boobs, Superbowl tickets, and trips to L.A. Gross. It's called trash. I call them like I see it. NO ONE was pregnant while I was in school. We had better stuff to worry about---like school, sports, and college. It's called close your legs and get on the darn pill, OR, have a real conversation with your parents about responsibility, self respect, and goals. I apologize for this tangent, but I have become so irritated, walking the halls of school and seeing all these pregnant kids. I get my nails done in Martinsville....apparently they have an OB nurse on staff, full time, to care for all 20 girls who are prego (as of last week) at the high school. Hmmmm......they also don't teach sex ed there. Interesting. Furthermore, while I am glowing from a squirrel growing my womb, I have friends who are experiencing fertility challenges. I know I am blessed with this baby inside of me, but I am never NOT aware of how lucky I am that I can even conceive/carry a child. These little skanks with their short skirts and inability to make good choices end up with kids they can't care for----and even worse, they are beautiful and healthy.

In light of this "essay," I am posting the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zCJigrTb9Q
I am not advocating for abortion, but rather, EDUCATION about reproductive rights and availability. It is absurd that high school girls are left in the dark about sexuality and reproduction. Maybe if they knew, they'd think for a second before engaging in a life altering activity.

1 comment: