Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Fever

It's official: I have cabin fever. It is now Day 3 of Operation No School. I've been in the same sweatpants "outfit" for 2 days now (black sweatpants, striped prego shirt, slippers, white bathrobe, and unkept hair). I've showered, but felt as though I couldn't part with my Snow Day uniform. To help pass the time, I've become moderately productive. I made pancakes for breakfast, did one load of laundry, watched Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore (very cute, very funny), and managed to bake two different varieties of cookies. The first, "cowpies," or "fart starters" as I call them, turned out okay. Apparently a bit too much peanut butter snuck in. Whoopsies. I love my amino acids. The second, sugar cut out cookies, turned out much better. I have a few snaps of the process. I can say I am remotely proud. I was given a frosting gun for Christmas by a colleague. Best. Present. Ever. No joke----I felt like frigging Martha Stewart this morning, minus the busted lip. It is really too bad that I don't like frosting that much. Good thing I have a spouse that could eat frosting for a meal (and two pups who could do the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment