Sunday, September 25, 2011

Greta's expression is a great way to sum up my weekend. I hit the big 3-2 AND the Lions won. A great way to kick-off the fall season. (This all was accomplished while wearing blue tapered sweatpants. Classy, yes.)

A few things on my mind during the last week......

I recently saw two great documentaries. The first, The Pat Tillman Story, uncovered the tragic exploitation of Pat Tillman, deceased member of the NFL and the U.S. Army. Basically, he left the NFL to join the Army. He was killed by friendly fire, which was soon followed by the U.S. government making a mockery of his life----they claimed he joined the Army because of 9/11 (untrue), then said he was killed in combat (another lie). Pat's courageous mother and father later testified in front of Congress asking for an investigation---basically the Army lied and the government knew about it. SAD.

The second documentary, The Business of Being Born, is a documentary about midwifery and home births. NOW, this documentary hit very close to home after experiencing such a horrible hospital delivery with Greta. The long and short of the film was bringing up the idea of hospitals as a business, therefore, doctors are going to do whatever they can to reel in as much money from a birth as they can....i.e., C-Sections, pitocin, LOTS of medical interventions. Like many women out there, my birth experience left me terrified, sad, angry, and mostly taken advantage of. I highly recommend this film to any mother/soon to be mother---it will definitely get your wheels spinning in regard to making birth choices.

And finally, the Lions won today. I have been saying since the preseason that that Lions would be awesome this year. They are currently 3-0 and I don't want to eat my words come Christmas. If Matthew Stafford can stay healthy, it will be a great season for them.

It's been a while, so I am going to do my Highlights/Lowlights of the week:

HIGHLIGHTS:
-Fall is upon us. That means one thing: Cider Mill Donuts.
-Season premieres have started----all my trash shows have come back....90210, One Tree Hill,
and Dancing with the Stars.
-Beans and Biscuit bagged another squirrel last week. One less squirrel in the universe works
for me.
-Colder weather means covering up all my hamburger delicious (fat) that now covers the
majority of my body. My obsession with leggins will continue into the winter season.
-My little sister, Dana, finished her campaign in Baltimore. She will finally meet Greta!

LOWLIGHTS:
-I still haven't found a cleaning lady that will whip my house into shape for a reasonable $2 an
hour.
-I woke up yesterday and my baby weight was still attached to me. Bummer.
-I have to listen to bitching Indianapolis Colts fans on every news channel, every day.
Newsflash: the Colts WILL suck without Peyton Manning.
-Due to the tragic and sudden death of squirrel #8 this year, Beans suffered yet another injury
ending the squirrel's life. In short, our vet is $75 richer.
-Lastly, although I did not play the lottery this week, I expected to win. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment