Thursday, September 8, 2011

Three Months Ago....


I've made it to the three month mark. Greta is three months old today. I cannot believe how fast time flies. It is interesting, I'm three months out from having Greta and I'm just NOW feeling like I am getting the hang things.....NO, my house is NOT the condition I'd like it to be in (and the same goes for my ass). I thought by now I'd be training for the Free Press Half Marathon, or at least doing some form of regular strenuous exercise. Well, I'm not. I walk everyday for about 45 minutes. I break a sweat because I'm out of shape, NOT because I'm working hard. I haven't even thought about trying on my jeans. I'd need Dave here to emotionally support me through that course----They say your body changes after giving birth. Holy hell, they were right. I still have a hard time reading in my news periodicals (People, US Magazine, Life and Style) about those moms that are back to their original size 0 just weeks after giving birth. I'm mean, really?!?! HOWEVER, I will give myself snaps because I have been "pulling it together" before venturing out into public. I have sworn off the Crocs and socks combo in public, as well as my tapered sweatpants. I am thankful leggings are in style---they are my saving grace. I'm also thankful "yoga pants," a.k.a., fancy sweat pants are in style too. Again, soft and comfy are my staples. I'd like to say the same for Greta. I am trying to keep in real as I transform back into my normal self.

1 comment:

  1. i feel you on the yoga pants! i call them my going-out sweats :)

    ReplyDelete