Thursday, September 15, 2011

Starbucks, starfucks

I ventured out (with the mammal in tow) to Starbucks on the southside to meet my friend Mr. Steve Scott, history extraordinaire. Steve was a regular at my Starbucks when I worked there--we have kept in touch ever since. I meet up with Steve once every six months to discuss history, politics, and life in general. He is probably one of the smartest people I know (next to Alex Trebek and Fareed Zakaria). After a delightful discussion about the Tea Party, Lauren Spierer, and firearms, it was time to head out. I soon realized that Greta had a blowout---we quickly went to the bathroom to remedy the situation. HOWEVER, upon entering the bathroom, I soon discovered there was no "changing station." (A Changing Station is that shelf that folds down from the wall in an effort to make diaper changing easier.) NOT GOOD. Thankfully, I had an extra burp cloth in my diaper bag because I had to change Greta on the floor. GROSS> C.P.S. should have arrested me. I quickly learned she had blown-out through her onesie AND pants (as well as on to my pants. Yes, awesome.) SO, I got her all spiffed up and out we were-----My new mission in life is to ensure there is a baby changing station in each public restroom. It is gross enough changing a baby in a public restroom, LET ALONE doing it on the floor. GOOD GOD.

On a brighter note, the weather today was beautiful----You know what cooler weather means? Yep, more clothing to hide my hamburger delicious that has made residence on my butt/thighs/stomach. Thank you, fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment