Friday, April 8, 2011

Great Lakes, Great Times

I safely made it back to the mitten yesterday evening----perfect timing considering Opening Day is today, the rain stopped, and I was seriously craving Leo's. (For the record, Leo's Coney Island is a Detroit restaurant institution that whips up amazing lemon-rice soup, Greek salads, and amazing pita sandwiches. Again, Detroit staple. There are NO substitutes. I personally believe their brand should go global, or at least, regional---offering cuisine to those Michiganders who now reside in OH, IN, or IL. ) After a much needed "weave tightening appointment" a.k.a. highlights, I got my "nails did" a.k.a. pedicure, which was QUICKLY followed by my trip to Leo's. I made it home in perfect time to watch the beginning of the Tigers game. I love opening day! Too bad Ernie Harwell is not in the mix with his lovely voice and insightful words.

SO, I am now resting comfortably on the couch, watching some WINNING Tiger baseball, enjoying a belly full of greek salad. GOOD TIMES.

I look forward to dinner tonight at yet another Oakland County institution: The Moose Preserve. FYI, Kid Rock DOES stop in from time to time. If only I was that lucky today. I might just have to drink myself a nice brew-dog to celebrate the level of awesomeness that Michigan provides its visitors/residents.

In parting, and in keeping with the all-great-things-Michigan: go listen to some Bob Seger, crack open a Bell's Oberon, nosh on some Better Made potato chips, throw on a Made In Detroit teeshirt, and start up your Cadillac.

Rock On.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post & your Michigan pride :) I would also like to request a Leo's up here in Saginaw...there is only one janky (sp?) Coney Island in the whole ghetto town...

    ReplyDelete