Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NHL Playoffs


As mentioned in a previous post, I promised I would blog about the NHL Playoffs. Well, here t'is:

The Red Wings have been a dominant force in hockey for the last 20 seasons. While I am unapologetically a fan, I know when to say a team is worth watching. So, I'll say it again, the Red Wings are worth watching. I've met Penguins fans, Blackhawk fans (yuck), and Habs fans. While these teams are worth watching sometimes, I must say there is a very short list of teams I'd watch in the playoffs to help pass the time (that is, if I can't get the Wings game on Versus). They include: Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, and finally, the Windsor Spitfires....oh that's right, the Spitfires are an AHL team.......so, my list only includes 2 NHL teams. And there you have it......no one else in the Playoffs are really worth watching.......penalty killing, the hot hands of Pavel Datsyuk, and worthy comebacks....the Red Wings run the gammett of awesomeness.

My sister Jennie mentioned in her blog how hard it is to win a Stanley Cup, it is much harder defending it. I have no faith in last year's winner. So, I am throwing my Red Wing hat in the arena (gauntlet), ready to watch them win another one---it won't be as glorious as it was in '97, but it will sure be awesome telling everyone Chicagoan I know to SUCK IT because I KNOW and THEY KNOW the Red Wings are FAR superior than the Blackhawks. Afterall, the Blackhawks had NO team less than five years ago after over a decade of royal suckage. Chicagoans should stick to what they know: Sausage, Brian Urlacher, and Ferris Bueller.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Go Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment