Thursday, July 21, 2011

Outlaws


Please ignore the large bulbous mass protruding from the back of Greta's head.....it was way worse in person.

I am super lucky to have such amazing in-laws. Joan spent the last two days here helping out with Greta---I was able to venture north to Indy to run some errands. I'm sure someone will call CPS on me because I was without my daughter for 6 hours. Give me a break. It was great to get out and visit my friend Jamie (and her broke down foot), and go into a store without the anxiety that comes along with towing a new-borg.

My mother in law, Joan, kicks so much ass. I decided to make a list why she rocks:
1. She can fix wood furniture. Something needs refinishing? Call Joan.
2. She bakes amazing cookies. She never claims to be Giada, but she can make a mean butterscotch cookie.
3. She can't sit down......while this may seem strange, she cannot sit still. This is a bonus for me, because she capitalizes on this condition by taking Beans on multiple walks when they are together.
4. She doesn't mind taking the late night formula shift----I was able to get some sleep this morning.
5. She cleans. I came home yesterday to a freshly vacuumed television room, clean dishes, a clean kitchen floor, and a happy baby. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. having children has made me appreciate my inlaws 100x more than before, for most of the reasons you listed, and the statement a few months ago from my mother in law: "did you know i can buy baby clothes on ebay?" There has been no shortage of plaid shorts and polo shirts in our house since this discovery. I love it when they come to town-- its like a breath of fresh air and clean dishes. -Erin G

    ReplyDelete