Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Walks

Today, Greta and I took our second walk as mother and daughter. I was rockin' some interesting attire------bright orange SJC teeshirt (about 4 sizes too big), Dave's soccer shorts, yellow running shoes, a black visor, and some awesome bags under my eyes. Greta, on the other hand, was sporting a beautiful pink dress. Clearly I am taking one for the team when it comes to my wardrobe. On our walk, these are things Greta pointed out to me----
1. A shoe on the side of the road. Who the hell loses a shoe on a main street?
2. A flip flop in the middle of the street. Again, who the hell loses a flip flop? ("Hey Terry, pull over! My flip flop flew out the window!)
3. Another potential meth lab. This new found meth lab will be competing for business with the lab behind our house---it will be interesting to see how business pans out....
4. Lots of blobs of chewing tobacco in the street. Apparently chewing is a big hit on the westside of Bloomington.
5. And finally, LOTS of lawn ornaments. What goes better with white decorative landscaping rocks than an angel blowing kisses over a patch of weeds?

On a brighter note, Greta spent some lovely time with her Nona (No-nah) during the last three days. She commemorated her Nona's last day here with some vomit and one blow out.

And lastly, the US Women's Soccer team kicks so much ass, it isn't even funny. These chicks make GI Jane look like a floozy---I am inspired once again to become a triathlete. Thank you, Hope Solo and Abbey Wambach. Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment