Monday, January 23, 2012

And it's 50 degrees outside......in January.......where the F is the snow?!?!?

On a different note...........

T-4 days until my Wine Club gathering. Yep, I volunteered my house as the next hosting site for my Wine Club. That means two things:
1. The house CANNOT look like a Hoarders episode come Friday at 6:30.
2. I have to come up with some sort of appetizer/light (but hearty) dinner for 18.
Why do I always do this to myself? While Greta will be of no help (but will offer wonderful ears, tushie, and toes to rub), I have to get myself together. If it means double dosing with the Concerta, I'm all in. This is when I wish we lived in a bigger house and I had a nanny. I don't need a housekeeper, because I believe I'm the best cleaner in the world. (Ask Laurie Goble and Shannon Lalain.)

A blog I follow, TBC, the writer discussed some of her favorite things.
Here's my list:

1. Disinfectant wipes. I'm obsessed. And NO, they are not environmentally friendly.

2. Sulfate free hair care products. They don't give me the "itchies." Ask Jennie or Dana about the "itchies."

3. Spaghettios and Meatballs. Yes, my obsession has progressed past my pregnancy.

4. Mild stimulants, i.e. Concerta. This magical pill has calmed down my "tornado head" and has helped to pull it together during the last month.

5. My Jenna Kator bag. I feel fancy as if I should be walk down Park Avenue in style. However, I don't think my bag matches my blue tapered sweatpants and Asic sneakers.

6. Plastic toy tubs......I found one at Target a few weeks ago. Big, colorful, plastic, with handles. Perfect for GFP's toys.

7. Fisher Price Little People. Greta has a nice collection, thanks to her Grammy Joan and Aunty Michele. I find myself putting together the vignettes, as they should be displayed in a store window. I might have a problem with these.....

8. My Sorel boots. While it isn't -15 degrees here, come winter, I'll always rock my Sorels. Warm, comfy, and in my opinion, cool, I love my boots. I received them as a parting gift from my mom before I left for college in Gunnison, Colorado in 1997. I've had them ever since. I'm thinking of replacing the liners.


What are your faves?

1 comment:

  1. 1. SmartWool socks. I came late to the game with these, but wear them from the first day below 50 degrees til the spring thaw, and then some.
    2. My collection of Vanity Fair camisoles---black, white, nude---same wearing criteria as above. Silky, not snug.
    3. My 24 oz. insulated tumbler with lid for the iced tea I drink year-round. Doesn't sweat and leave a water puddle underneath.
    4. Dansko clogs. Got talked into my first pair by daughter Dana, recently added a second pair to my completely unfashionable shoe collection while shopping with my mom and sister. Those shoes will now have a sentimental value for the rest of my life---it was my last outing with my mom.
    5. Greta Fantastic (I'm not calling her Greta Fat Pants any more--don't want her to develop a complex about body image). She is actually #1 on this list, ranking far and above anything else I could possibly consider.

    ReplyDelete