Thursday, January 12, 2012

This has been an interesting week......

Let's start out by talking about the weather. My daffodils starting coming up this week. Sadly, they are going to experience some suffering because it is suppose to be super cold tonight. However, to my dismay (and love of the cold weather), it is suppose to be back up to 60 by Sunday. Clearly, I'm not a big fan of Global Warming.

Secondly, my grandmother died. My mom's mom, Edna Mae Decker Garbon, was 92. She was fighting pneumonia and a UTI. I am happy she is out of pain and is now able to play cards for the rest of her eternal life in Heaven. She is joining my grandpa, Grandpa Charlie, as well as my family dog, Higgins. It is truly a blessing----I think (knock on wood) that I handle death fairly well. While I am sad for family members and those the departed is leaving behind, I really think of it as a blessing. I'm not sure exactly what my beliefs are as far as the after life, but it has to be better than what we have going on down here. I envision my Heaven to be like a vacation----no stress, room service, clean sheets, lots of resting/napping, and puppy dogs. I'm going to stick with that. However it must be said that I do believe in Hell and I have seen lots of folks on the news that will surely end up there.

I had a HUGE doctors appointment this week in Indy. It was a long time coming, considering the problems I've been having with my bladder and pelvic floor. I won't go into all the fabulous details, but since Greta's birth, I've been having some serious issues. I basically don't have feeling in my bladder (you can imagine), and my pelvic floor is very weak. This makes for interesting physical activity. After seeing two different uro-gynecologists, I finally got an appointment with Dr. Douglass Hale. He is world renowned in helping women with prolapse and bladder issues. Dave's aunt Michele was the main reason that I got the appointment---she is a doctor at the same hospital. In a nutshell, he explained all my symptoms and possible causes---I finally got some answers....no more speculation. I do, in fact, have nerve damage and it was mostly likely caused by two different things during and after the delivery. Again, now I have some answers. I have to go back for some more testing, but at least I'm headed in the right direction now.

And finally, One Tree Hill started again. It is the final season. After what I saw last night, I'm beginning to think it should have ended three seasons ago.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are finally getting some answers...still pissed off for you that Greta's arrival was so scary.

    ReplyDelete