Friday, January 27, 2012

T-Minus 5 hours until my Wine Club party. I have DEFINITELY bitten off more than I can chew....I invited 30 people, and there are 22 coming. HOWEVER, I have always wanted to have a home that I can entertain in, and this is a great reason to do so. All my "girls" will be coming together, minus a very integral ladies (Betsy, Jamie, Robyn). It will be a great way for all my ladies to finally meet---they have truly become my "village" as far as navigating motherhood and all the challenges that comes with it. I will say since Greta's birth, I've been blessed with extremely understanding and caring friends, especially because of the problems I've had. It is always nice to know you can really talk to them about anything---even the ones without kids have been as supportive as they know how. I'm very much looking forward to tonight---I hope some new friendships are formed and continue as long as Dave and I are in Btown.

On a different note, our closet is almost finished. It has only been about two months. The only thing left is the doorknobs. I will try to find some vintage inspired crystal knobs that match other doors in the house. All of the fixtures that came with the house date back to the 30's, when the house was built. Dave and I have been house hunting, trying to get a better understanding of the real estate market in Bloomington. It is challenging finding exactly what we want---basement, about an acre, two car garage, more than 2 bathrooms. It sounds like a lot, but these are all things Dave and I grew up with and we want Greta and our future children to have the same. Basements are integral to a happy house, i.e., "Go play in the basement with your brother!" "Get out of this house now, and I don't want to see you until dinner!" "It is too nice out to be inside---get outside!"

The next few weeks, Dave and I will be discussing what my next step will be in recovering from Greta's birth---I have met with a uro-gyn that suggested sling surgery to help my pelvic floor. Trying to figure out what steps to take next is a bit challenging. While I did not expect to face this, I am optimistic that we will make the right decision. I will say this, buying a new puppy would make this a whole hell of a lot better.

And finally, I am going to tackle cleaning the basement this weekend. Wish me luck. I will have Beans with me, my trusty sidekick. I am sure I will be faced with mickey mouse poopies and thir communities (dog hair piles), but I am brave. Semper Fi.

1 comment:

  1. Have a blast tonight...I'm jealous of your village & wish I could be a part of it! You will definitely make the right decision about your body...and you definitely deserve a puppy after making said decision. Although three dogs and one baby are a lot to take on. I'm up to my ears with the one dog and one baby ;)

    ReplyDelete