Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I am totally having one of those mornings where I wish I had a maid and a nanny----I have decided to host my next Wine Club meeting. (It is a casual gathering where my girlfriends and I drink wine or water and talk about our husbands/partners. Nothing fancy.) So, now that I have decided to do this, I am on a mad path to making sure my house is clean-----and in doing so, I'm realizing how much I need to clean and organize. While I am typing in a mad frenzy now, I'm sure in about one hour after my Concerta kicks in, I'll be fine. Until then, I'm kinda freaking out. AND on top of that, Dave and I are actively discussing trying to sell our house. This opens up a whole pandora's box of emotions.

See, I have a love hate relationship with our current house----I adore some of our neighbors (Nana, Doug and Trina, Sandy, Sheila, Don and Joyce), but I keep thinking about Greta. Several of the neighborhood kids are a bit on the rough and tumble side and I don't want her knowing that it is ok to have a dad in jail and a mom who is a recovering drug addict. I also want her to attend the best school in this district, and they are all on the other side of town. Plus, the majority of our close friends are all on the east side of town----BUT, again, I love our yard, and the quaint and charming essence of the house we have now. It is very hard to find a house like this on the other side of the bypass. I called our realtor yesterday to schedule a harmless look-see of some houses on Saturday. And we shall see what we see......

Until then, I can brave a few more months of trash-nasty neighbors, unleashed dogs, ghetto hoodrat kids, and trash bags hanging from our neighbor's carport. I love the west side.

Oh, AND, not to mention my Christmas decorations are still up. Yep, I'm THAT person.

No comments:

Post a Comment