Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Case of the Mondays


So I woke up this morning to crazy news that Osama bin Asshole was finally killed. Talk about a real asshat. This guy was living in a suburb of a major Pakistani city, KNOWING there were US troops occupying the area. Talk about growing some ovaries. Furthermore, this guy used a woman as a human shield when the hot ass Delta 6 Navy SEALs team came in to take his life---"Yes sir, I am a huge pussy, which is why I'm using wife #78 to shield me." I am thankful no civilians were hurt, and more thankful OBL won't be blowing up anymore shit. And no, I don't think this was a politically motivated move by Obama's camp. Give me a break. Even my husband, the staunch conservative agrees with me. This momentous news event did spark some pretty nice jams on the radio today; tons of Neil Diamond and Bruce Springsteen. Now back to something pleasant.........


Dave and I after the wedding


Will and Melissa


(Cookie Husbands)


(Cookie Wives)

On a brighter note, I joyfully attended the social event of the year-----MAGGIE AND CIARAN'S WEDDING! It was a beautiful day in Chicago! Maggie looked STUNNING in her gown, and Ciaran was as handsome as ever. They truly both look like Kate and William. They were both happy all day long-----it was amazing. His family came in from Ireland, which was so nice. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed dancing late into the night (I, the pregnant lady, enjoyed people-watching from my seat at Table #9). I took a ton of pictures on my sister's camera---hopefully I can get them in the next few weeks to post. Again, Maggie and Ciaran make a very handsome couple. She was absolutely GAR-geous.

While we were in Chicago, we also ventured to Oak Park---a very nice suburb where a famous Frank Lloyd Wright house is----we took a nice walk around the surrounding neighborhood and decided we need to move there---huge lots, old trees, historic homes----yep, a Mofo needs to move in.


We also went to the dog park twice with Jennie, Chris, and Kasia. Kasia was a very nice girl and proudly introduced us to her new bestie, Spencer. Unfortunately, there were some rowdy boxers there, reconfirming my lack of love for this breed and their clueless owners.



Kasia trying to get Dave to play with her on our "walk"

Thankfully, Dave and I get to recover from all of our weekend traveling this week---we have NO plans. Yes! We played hooky from our birthing class tonight. I figure if it is super importante' information, I can call Kady Becker or Jamie Rahmany. They'll always tell it to me straight-----which is what girlfriends are for........graphic pregnancy/delivery details, juicy gossip, and someone to eat junk food with.

Our stroller arrived last week. We needed to test it out, you know, to make sure it is safe. Here is our experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment