Thursday, May 19, 2011

I need a Mule


I helped my friend Jamie divide some hostas and daylilies today and it felt great! I did have to ask her neighbor to pull my pants up during the event, only because my hands were covered in dirt---I guess it was a random request. Either way, it was great to get back into the gardening spirit----Dave was able to take the hostas I removed from Jamie's yard and transplanted them into our shade garden......I pointed, and he dug. HOWEVER, I want a mule to do some SERIOUS work in our garden.....weed pulling, mulching, transplanting.....I wonder where I can find a dumb and beefy guy that is plant smart who will work for $1.50 an hour and possibly some lemonade........



Our neighbor, Nana, has gorgeous peony beds---she cut me some gorgeous stems.....a great way to begin a nice weekend......



Oh, a fun side note: My cousin, Hazel Monforton, was recently accepted to Oxford University in England! We (Mofo's) are so proud of her! Most smartest!

No comments:

Post a Comment