Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Colorado Day



Today seemed to be a refreshing reminder that spring is around the corner. I came home and the pups were ready to inspect the yard for vermen and I was ready to do my ritual "garden walk." (This is when I take about 10 minutes and stare at my various flower beds. I look for new growth, bugs, weeds, etc. I seriously do this every day, regardless of how long I worked in these beds the day before. I suppose it is a bit insane, but I love my garden.)
Here is what I found....
(**Note: I'm not a professional gardener or photographer. I know I need help. I'm learning.)




These are daylilies and daffodils (darker green, straighter presentation).


Early blooming daffodils next to peonies, and weigela.


The pups during an inspection. This area is a prime squirrel playground.


More daylilies.


I love spring because it is a nice way of getting people ready for our unbearable hot summers. I also enjoy seeing what comes up after transplanting and newly planted specimens from the late summer/fall. I'm sure I'm going to devote several entries to my garden as it continues to grow.
(Also, the onset of spring means Easter is coming, which means more Whoppers in the candy aisle. Just saying.....)

Our bathroom is almost finished. All it needs is a good clean and a painted sealing and we are done! That happens this weekend. Thankfully, I'm "allergic" to painting, so Dave will take care of that.

No list, Highlight, or Lowlight of the Day----the weather is too nice. It was so nice, my sunroof was open and the Steely Dan was blaring. All I needed to make a perfect "Colorado Day" was companionship from my friends Jimmy and Adrienne, a cold Corona, flip-flops, and a lawnchair. Praise Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. I'M SO JEALOUS!!! Our green shoots are only a couple inches out of the ground (unless they're buried under some leftover snow, and therefore invisible) BUT it is starting to smell like dirt and earth outside---YAY.

    ReplyDelete