Saturday, March 12, 2011

If we have time, maybe Home Depot


The bathroom project continues.....
I feel like it is taking FOOOORRREEEVVVEEERRR. (Yes, just as Michael "Squints" Paladoris would say it from the Sandlot).
Dave has encountered wiring troubles, drywall troubles, measurement troubles ALL because the previous owners thought they were DIY'ers. Not so much. Here is halfway through--->

And here we are today--->



So, we still have some more to do. I'd like to add this was a small "revision" project. We were simply replacing fixtures, the fan, and the medicine cabinet. We didn't re-tile, add/tear down a wall, or add a window. Again, this seems to be taking us forever.

On a brighter note, here are some highlights to my week:

1. I just received word that my friend Jamie's baby girl, Sophie, will be returning home from Peyton Manning Children's Hospital after a four day stay. She's been having a hard time eating and putting on weight. Thankfully, her G.I. doctor has found the right formula. She is a new woman!

2. Nascar apparently makes shoes. Not just any shoes.....VELCRO. So, if you are experiencing carpal tunnel like I am, and tying your shoes is challenging, you can always lean on Nascar and their fine array of footwear.

3. I made gooey butter cake, a delicacy I haven't treasured since Camp Cherith in 1988. SO GOOD.





1 comment:

  1. What is the butter cake recipe? Is this from scratch or a mix?

    ReplyDelete