Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Aunt Glady


Ok, so a few magical things happened today:

1) Went to lunch with some girlfriends in Greenwood. One of them brought an ol' teaching buddy. Her name was Betty Nell, aka, Aunt Glady, and was all sorts of awesome. Crazy hair, fur coat, weird life stories, and full of one liners. Here is my favorite:
"You're not the first girl that is knocked up with Crohn's." Seriously. She said that. Awesome. I want her to be my new life coach. Also, Ms. Betty is art teacher that has 5 hours of recess duty during her school day. Awesome.

2) Stopped by Buy Buy Baby to purchase a baby gift for my friend Megan. Was walking through the "feeding" section near the breast pumps when I noticed an early 40's, 6'4" handsome man standing near the Medela pumps. He had a whole mess of gear with him, like he worked for them in some way....turns out he's a sales rep for Medela. Yes, ladies.....a hot, STRAIGHT, male sales rep for a breast pump company. Holy Hannah. Miracles do happen. SO, I worked my Mofo magic and got a 20 minute tutorial on Medela pump usage and all the gadgets. Oh my. It was like lactation class on steroids, being taught by Tom Brady. Delicious. AND, he laughed at all my jokes. Awesome.

I figured this string of magical events happened because of this:

So, Biscuit killed a magical squirrel on Sunday. When she chomped down on the squirrel to kill it, the magic parts flew into Biscuit's mouth, becoming trapped. THEN, Biscuit licked the inside of Beans' ears to clean them---only to be followed by me rubbing Beans' ears, thereby passing the magic onto me.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment